Endorsements

 

IMG_6708

Desitin, the all purpose healer.  Desitin soothes the rashy bottom, the cracked heels, and most recently discovered, eases the pain of teething.  This picture does make for a good ad for Desitin and seeing it makes me think about how many other companies my kids are unknowingly advertising for.  I know Legos and Star Wars action figures are certainly being represented.  Cheez-its, Keebler Graham Crackers, Cheerios, and occasionally Gerber Puffs have all managed to at least make the back ground of many a baby picture setting.

cheerioscheezKeebler

Graduates_Puffs_AppleCinnamon

By the way, I never knew I had a Graham Cracker preference until the birth of M. and E.  They kept offering them (Keebler brand) to me as a snack while I recovered and wow, yummy!  I never really thought of myself as a Brandist but now that I think of it, and it seems to come with getting older, there are a few items I prefer to have certain brands of…

Rootbeer:  Mug

Mayonaise:  Best Foods

Bacon:  Oscar Mayer

Apples:  Fuji or Gala (are those considered brands?)

Rice:  Botan Calrose rice

Diapers:  Huggies (Pampers for newborn-6 mos.)

Wipes: Costco’s brand

Chocolate:  Milka or Lindt

Chocolate Chips: Nestle

Laundry Soap/and dryer sheets:  Tide and Bounce

I’m afraid the older I get, the more preferences I’ll have but I’ll try to keep an open mind and taste bud.  I think when I get really old, my preferences will most likely gravitate to what tastes best mashed up in a blender.

Comments

I think this was an interesting post. I'm not generally a brand loyal person, but like you said, some things just *have* to be certain brands.

For us, it is Duke's Mayonnaise, Gain laundry detergent (the only one that doesn't cause me a rash and migraine), and Scott toilet tissue. Those are all that stand out to me at the moment.

Have a great day!
Julie Moore said…
What a beautiful family you have!! It is so fun to see all these pictures and read your well-written posts! You are truly a gifted writer! Congrats on all the good-looking children. We will be having our 5th in November :-). Lots of love from the Moore family!
Julie Moore
Melissa said…
I am with you on diapers and wipes!
Welch Mom said…
I feel ya with the brands, I only like Nestle chocolate chips and prefer Dove chocolate to others. Also, I am really particular on my bottled water. I do not like Dasani, but like Fuji or Evian. I guess ya like what you like.

Popular posts from this blog

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

2016 Williams Christmas Letter, the long version.

Three…not terrible like the twos but not far behind!