Dear Diary…

Mama’s Losin’ It Challenge

4.)Share a diary entry from when you were 13...feel free to make one up!  (Which do you think it is?)

image

Dear Diary,

In PE our teacher made us do pull ups in class.  It’s not fair that I’m the tallest one and have the most to lift!  All those short boys and muscular girls could do it.  All I could do was reach up, grab the bar and jump into a pull up.  That should count right?  Not so much a pulling action but a jet-action.  Yes, “jet-ups.”  Let’s see those short kids do jet-ups.  It’s no fair that I can’t get an A just because, in some strange situation I’ll most likely never find myself, I will be unprepared to “pull” myself out of say, a 5 foot deep pit.  The thing is, anyone who actually needs to do a pull up has to because they are too short to see over whatever high spot that I would only need my tippy-toes to see over.   So, Mr. P.E. teacher, you can just go to Pull-up hell heck purgatory!  Whatever happened to practical lessons in P.E.?  I could see the benefit of shoelace tying contests, piggyback riding safety, how to properly carry a heavy backpack, or how to knock out the 5 ft. nothing, pimply faced boy who dared to pinch my behind today.  Yes, that would be a practical lesson in physical education.  Why couldn’t I react quicker?  That hurt!  I could have done that awesome kick Daniel gave Johnny in the Karate Kid.  Or maybe given him a climactic punch like the one George McFly gave Biff in Back to the Future.  Oh, where is Mr. Darcy when I need him?  Is there nobody left to defend my honor?

image image

So, anyway, later today I stepped in some gum right before I got on the bus and had to scrape it off on the…

Comments

Anonymous said…
I never could do a pull up. Never. And I was short. Our teacher gave us an alternative, which was something like just hanging on for a certain amount of time. I don't recall doing that well at it, but I think I managed to at least pass. Upper body strength was not my forte.

And PE teachers wonder why some kids hate PE.
Heatherlyn said…
I could only do one pull up. I am always amazed at how many my husband can do because he does have a lot more weight to lift. I couldn't do one!!! (And of all our kids, we only have one who can do any and she is tiny but her upper body is more like her Dad's.)
Melissa said…
I am with the non pull-uppers. I did a quick "jet-up" while my teacher was looking the other way. I still don't get how anyone passed that off in jr. high.
Brenny said…
Non pull-up doers unite! I feel the pain your 13 year-old self. Did a boy actually pinch your bottom? I can't believe that actually happened. What a cheeky boy to attempt something like that in middle school! Did you make it up?
Becky said…
Each of those incidents are true, but are not an actual record written in my 13th year. Junior High is one of the most pointless periods of time and in my opinion those two years should be divided into separate schools, all boys and all girls in two different locations. A short boy on hormone over-ride did indeed pinch my backside and I was sooooooo mad, surprised and therefore speechless and only as I walked away did I have villainous thoughts for his certain demise.
Panamamama said…
I was the pull up queen! (And rope climber too!) I hated volleyball though. I really was awful and could not even get it over the net. So embarrassing when everyone else could and looked and me with evil eyes...

Popular Posts