5th and 6th days of December

superman-got-milk-ad-commercial

Got Milk?

On 5th day of December my true loves gave to me, five pieces of paper glued to the floor.

Chris and I went on a real live date Friday night and "pretended we didn't have children" (Douglas' definition of a date). We came home and found that the baby sitter did not consider cleaning up kids dinner messes as part of her job description (not that I don't empathize with the nasty predicament one finds oneself in while watching my kids and I really did feel pity and a slight twinge of guilt but it went away once I closed the front door and took a deep breath of diaper free air). So where a puddle of milk lay from the predictable nightly spill, there too lay 5 sheets of drawing paper stuck to the tile with the newly discovered adhesive known as lactose. The glued papers are still there soaking up a 1/4 cup of water while I prepare to scrape them off of the tile.

biolage

On the sixth day of December my true loves gave to me 6 minutes to shower.

During those six minutes I washed and studied French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Russian, and some other language I didn't know I knew. This is the reason I sometimes buy expensive shampoo, for the language lessons. I can read "for frizzy and unmanageable hair. Massage into scalp, rinse and avoid getting into eyes. Follow up with smoothing conditioner" in at least 5 languages now. Who knew 6 minutes could be so educational. Though, some of the sentences translated into something like "blah, blah, blah, shampoo, blah, blah, blah, shampoo..."

Comments

Melisa said…
I really want to learn more French. I've lost all I knew and that wasn't even much... Maybe I need a really descriptive shampoo...
Mommy Of 2 said…
I love your recent posts great! I love that Shampoo it is soooo good but is yes a bit pricey but heh for great heair what the heck right! Glad you guys had a night out!
-Ang said…
I love Douglas' definition of a date... he's pretty darn close in my mind.
Your laguages lesson has plastered a smile on my face :D!
Betsy said…
I discovered my favorite multisyllabic word on a shampoo bottle years ago and have taught it to all my children as sort of a rite of passage into the Realm of People Who Can Say Hard Words. It is (drum roll ala Mamacita) methylchloroisothiazolinone. Isn't it marvelous? I wonder how it's pronounced in French?

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Williams Christmas Letter, the long version.

Happy Birthday to the Bear and the Burrito!

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!