Parting a Path for Pat, the Pirate, and Pat's aunt.

mr-potato-head

My living room floor looks like a vegetarian horror film staring Mr. Potato Head in the process of being boiled, roasted, pan seared, charred, mashed, and skewered. The following is a conversation between Mr. Pirate Potato and Mr. or Mrs. Pat Potato, before I tripped into the room, going something like this (random thought: Are there cross dressers where spuds are involved? I'm sure the unavoidable androgyny inherent in the lives of potatoes has spared Hasbro a few headaches where lawsuit-happy gender activists are involved) :

Mr. Pirate Potato: You better pick a good one this time or this will be the last spud race you ever see, get my drift?

Mr.or Mrs. Pat Potato: Well, I'm just going to put this mustache and this skirt on and nobody will recognize me when I place this bet on the Irish spud with the blemishes. Trust me, I'll be back before you can sprout eyes.

Mr. Pirate Potato: "betray [me], and I will fong you, until your insides are your out, and your outsides are in, your entrails will become your ex trails I will w-rip...all the p...ung. Pain, lots of pain." (Knight's Tale)

IMG_2088 [800x600]

"They did it, they finally did it! [Dang] you all to [heck]!" (Planet of the Apes).

Apparently, Mr. or Mrs. Pat Potato must have taken the winnings and made a smashing run for it. Unfortunately for him or her, Mr. Pirate Potato was used to his or her type of spud's antics and I found the results on the floor and there were definitely ex trails, entrails and lots of fonging. Has anyone seen my masher?

darthtater

I couldn't resist posting this picture of "Darthtater".

P.S. Thank you Wendy for the Mr. Potato Head set. As you can see it definitely helps to build the imagination. I've been kicking a tongue and arm around all weekend.

Comments

Melisa said…
This is so weird. I almost used, "Pain, lots of pain" in one of my posts, but I thought no one would get it. I should have known that Becky, my love, would. :)

And the day before Natalie did her Serenity post, I was talking to my yoga instructor about it. I can't believe I'm still on the same wave length with you ladies!

petsesse

Someone who likes pets and has a lisp?
mommymuse said…
Wow. And do you let the kids play with it sometimes, too ;).
Brenny said…
Oh the carnage! Mr. Potatohead has got to be one of the best inventions ever.

As a side note: just like the first picture, I sometimes want to counsel my husband to pack his 'angry eyes'.
Natalie said…
I love the quote from "Knight's Tale" and I think this post now tops the list of my favorite segments on your blog. I have tears in my eyes and I can't breathe. I love how you describe every situation; I'd complain about the mess, but you make it seem like the most amazing exchange of tuberus ideas. :) I love Darth Tater! Me, you, and Melisa need to get together (preferably in Hawaii) for some yoga and Target shopping.

Popular posts from this blog

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

2016 Williams Christmas Letter, the long version.

Three…not terrible like the twos but not far behind!